If you enjoy hosting parties or simply having friends over for a quiet evening in, you have likely invested in making your home a great place for entertaining. However, there is one investment that cannot be matched, when it comes to making your house the go-to place for parties big and small—a home bar! But, what makes a bar “entertainment central” and more than just an extra bit of counter space? We’ve put together a few tips to help you create a home bar that will impress everyone who visits!
- Wet or Dry? – Is your home bar wet or dry? This means, are you running water to the area or not? A wet bar is convenient, that’s no doubt. However, a dry bar can be a nice touch too—and can often be more affordable or allow you to work in a space that may not be suitable for running water.
- Lighting is Vital – A well-lit bar area is mandatory. Ideally, you want to be able to adjust the brightness up or down as appropriate. If you are sitting around and chatting with friends, low-light may be in order. However, if you want to enjoy game night or poker, you may need a bit more lighting. Can lights or track lighting can be a good choice—depending on the style of the room.
- Make it Comfortable – You want to make the bar area relaxing. Barstools don’t have to be those hard, backless monstrosities of the olden days. Make sure you add comfortable seating, perhaps at different levels to make conversation easy and open.
- Don’t Forget the Garnish – Have fun with the décor. Consider vintage jars, bottles and containers to store your bar necessities. They can be functional and attractive at the same time. Anything that offers a dual benefit is always a good thing.
- A Backsplash is Important – You may think about the importance of your backsplash in the kitchen, but it is just as important on your home bar. This is a great place to get creative. Consider an “outside the box” idea. Maybe a mosaic design or utilize something artistic to create a backsplash that shows off your personal style.
No matter if you plan to host huge blowout parties or quiet, intimate gatherings, your home bar is sure to be a centerpiece of your home—if you make sure it is inviting, accessible and attractive. If you need any help with that process in the Washington DC or Northern Virginia area, your best bet is to call Foster Remodeling. Since 1983, our experts have provided top notch remodeling and renovating services. Our goal is to make your house feel like home. Call or contact us today for a free, no obligation estimate.
If you would like to talk about ideas for remodeling or renovating your home in Fairfax, Mclean, Springfield, Woodbridge, Alexandria, Arlington, and Falls Church VA, reach out to us at Foster Remodeling. Call now for a free consultation!