If you’re a homeowner, you may find yourself faced with a number of honey-do projects around the house with no honey to do them. Most often, limited time, skills and know-how prevent people from making small home repairs. Things that are broken, leaking or worn are more of an inconvenience than a major problem when they are fixed right away. When they are left alone for a long time, however, they can eventually become safety hazards or lessen the market value on your home. These are items that don’t warrant a Northern Virginia home remodeling project, but they can be done quickly and at an affordable price by a handyman who has the time, tools and know-how to get the job done right the first time, on time and on budget. Here are 5 items that can be fixed by a Northern Virginia handyman service.
1. Screen Door — Whether the screen is torn and falling out, or the door itself is coming off its hinges, it’s time for a repair or even a replacement.
2. Caulking — Shriveling caulk around the plumbing fixtures, such as the kitchen sink or bathroom tub is cause for concern. Once water works its way into subflooring and supporting wooden beams, water damage can become severe. Re-caulking is a simple repair that can become a much larger problem when it goes unchecked.
3. Railings — Whether it’s a railing on a staircase, beside the bathtub or out on the deck, it should stay tight and always offer support. If it wiggles, it’s eventually going to come down if it’s not fixed.
4. Tile Replacement — When there’s ceramic or vinyl tile walls or flooring in the house for a long enough time, at least one tile will probably eventually get cracked or broken. Whether it’s from dropping something heavy on the hall floor or backing into the bathroom wall tile while you’re moving furniture, it needs to be replaced. Putting in a new piece is very easy. In most cases, the hardest part for the novice is finding the replacement piece and getting the broken one out without destroying anything else..
5. Hardwood Flooring — Hardwood flooring is a beautiful and popular addition to any Northern Virginia home. Finding the time and patience to do the installation is often the hardest part of this classic honey-do chore.
With these trends and with the right home building team, you can turn your dream bathroom into a reality. What are you waiting for then? If you would like to talk about ideas for remodeling or renovating your home in Fairfax, Mclean, Springfield, Woodbridge, Alexandria, Arlington, and Falls Church VA, reach out to us at Foster Remodeling. Call now for a free consultation!